Love is a mixtape

Listen to the voice of the wind
Caressing your heart
To the soft crooning of
Love making your heart dance wildly

Listen to the melody of a heart
Stirred by passion
Listen, oh listen
To reggae, to blues
To soul

Love is a mixtape, a symphony
It’s Beethoven, Brahms, Bach.
And jazz
And hip-hop.

It’s the beat of two hearts
Pressed
Against each other,
With panting breaths as the
Outro.

It’s the silence of awe
The applause of contentment.
The sweat, the hoarse voice
When the concert is over.

Listen to a lifetime play
Between the first note and the
Fading final strains…

Listen.

1. Walt Shakes says:

*sigh*
    This is the kind of music you listen to when there’s love in your heart.
    What kind of mixtape would you be listening to when you’re moving on from a heartbreak?

I’ve been thinking about this all day. I think when we are heartbroken, all music stops. Then when moving on, we begin to find new songs to sing.

These perfect lines remind of the idiomatic expression…’making beautiful music’ especially as it relates to a duo of lovebirds getting together to share of each other and therefore performing a ‘duet’ of sorts that terminates at euphoria…..(‘With panting breaths as the Outro’). ‘Music is the language of the heart. Its overflowing with emotions, so powerful that it makes is cry, laugh and even shout. Yes! Music conquers the heart’ – Chermed; and of course, afterglow….(‘The silence of awe’).
    Aldous Huxley reasons this….’After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music’. In which case are those rapturous sensual sounds….the groanings, gruntings, sighs,and moans…I think; which brings out the human or shall I dare to say brazenly, the ‘animal’ in us mortals! 😈😂

‘Music is what feelings sound like’ as affirms Georgia Cates and while it’s been proven over and again how near- impossible it is to totally articulate into words….literally; the emotions that are stirred up….awakened, when there’s a coming together of souls,
    Victor Hugo surmises this….’Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it’s impossible to be silent’. 😄

‘Love is a mixtape’ is a-smoldering Doc. The whole concept of music that finds it’s source and origin in the heart and an outlet through the vocal cord in a mix that’s super incoherent but musical anyhows for those who’ve the ears to make absolute sense of it and delight in it. 😀 Coolest! 😎👍😆

Ah! Yemie is on another level!

This!

“In which case are those rapturous sensual sounds…the groanings, gruntings, sighs, and moans…I think; which brims out the human or shall I dare to say brazenly, the ‘animal’ in us mortals!” PG 18 stuffs!

And this:

“The whole concept of music that finds it’s source and origin in the heart and an outlet through the vocal cord in a mix that’s super incoherent but musical anyhows for those who’ve the ears to make absolute sense of it and delight in it”

You are on fire!

The imagery, and the emotions behind it….oh la la!

3. Omotayo says:

I’ve read this a number of times and it never fails to get me smiling. I can almost hear a melody in my head and I can feel my mind just begin to sway to the (imaginary) beat. Lol.

Yeah, yeah, I’m a closet romantic.

Lol. Of course you would hear the beat and sway, you are in love after all.