Seedlings

When the first shoot forced its

Way out the soft wet soil, summer

Arrived; breezy,

Burning brightly

Brutally snuffed by cold

Winter winds

Hardening the soil

Killing the tenderlings.

First off, ‘Seedlings’ remind of a saying by Alice Hoffman that ‘When all’s said and done, the weather and love are two elements about which one can NEVER be sure! Pretty scary I’d say! 😆

Oh Wow! The tale these beautifully composed lines tell is real harrowing…heartwrecking, and I was totally unprepared for the havoc winter wreaked on the thriving and blooming seedlings, but even at that; the uncertainty that’s life hasn’t been more captured and reiterated like so! John Allen Paulos surmises that ‘Uncertainty’s the only certainty there is, and knowing how to live with insecurity’s the only security’! 😁

Moreso, the Narrator seems to have his/her story all buttoned up that even for an eternal optimist like myself, I couldn’t but buckle and let things be! 😈😆

Gilda Radner affirms this…’I wanted a perfect ending, now I’ve learned the hard way that some poems don’t rhyme and some stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle and end. Life’s about not knowing, having to change; taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what’s going to happen next…Delicious Ambiguity’! 😂

Plus, Life’s a collection of moments and the idea’s to have as many good ones as we can in the grand scheme of things!😇😉
    Totally love your use of imageries Doc! These lines couldn’t be more perfect and though they appear quite simple and effortless, they’ve got depth! Many kudos to ya! ❤😄

This… This is even more beautiful than the poem itself…
      You just dey oppress us with them quotes…I’m not intimidated

Shiver Me Timbers! 😨 Oppress you sha?! 😩 For how??? 😞 Na who born the Maga?!.😯😂

And as regards that intimidation bit, a certain wise guy once said to me that when a person begins pulling that ‘You Don’t Scare Me’ card; best believe it….he’s already scared shitless…just like you! 😂😂😂

I am sure the intimidation is on purpose hence the glowing pride….so what if I’m scared shitless? You are scary; there I said it.

Uh Nickels, thanks Doc! 😈😆

Glowing pride did I hear you say?!😮 Again, this same wise guy calls it ‘Self-assuredness’!. 😜

And it also checks out am now scary huh?🙆🙊 Since when?! 🙉 Anyhow, that’s…that’s pretty illuminating! 😂 Jokester! 😁

Oppressor!
              Sugar coating all sorts of things …”self assuredness” humph!

2. Walt Shakes says:

Winter is here.
    You seem to be of the same frame of mind as Sansa Stark, doc. 🙂

Lol…thanks Walter
      It’s been a while…

1. Walt Shakes says:

It really has. I’ve been trying to renew my subscription to your blog and recommence my followership. That hasn’t been working. Any chance you can help me out?

So glad to have you back!
          I will do the needful asap