drunken melodies

It hurt, hurt

hurt

hot

this capsaicin on my lips

my heart, my being

it burns

it burns

stings

a thousand hornets

in my scalp

torturing my nerves

hot lava flow from

my lachrymal apparatus

there is fire in my attic

my tongue reaches up to quench

reaches out for help

finding none

but rushing air reawakening

numb nerve endings

i gyrate to melodies of pain

belted out from thalamic drums

in tune to synaptic pulses.

adrenaline rush in sympathetic

neurons

increases the tempo to

spirited frenzy

i am dizzy, ditzy

drunk on freshly

brewed anguish

it hits with a twang

sears as it travels

to mix with rising bile

in unsettled stomach.

i bleed from Boerhaave

congested from years of

drunkenness

bingeing on myrrh and gall

losing my way

i ache

i ache

oh lord, I ache

this cancer ravages my mind

eats me from inside out

and I am here alive

but soulless.

lol..pain defies science, my dear

wounds heal,
          pain sometimes persists long after the physical wound

1. amity4 says:

Pain does heal itself.
            One gets pained so much
            One can’t be pained again.

pain is a positive feedback loop…
              just when you think you can’t take anymore of it, you discover afresh, new heights

1. amity4 says:

Hehehe…
                Codine for the pain.

the body soon develops tolerance, and more codeine stimulates pain instead

1. amity4 says:

Syringe driver non stopπŸ˜€

then you are breeding a junkie! lol

2. amity4 says:

Easing the pain, you mean?
                      😬 πŸ˜¬πŸ˜†

2. amity4 says:

But pain does heal. Take it from me.
                    The mind is the key.
                    Healing starts from there.

i agree with you
                      healing starts with the mind
                      but some pain are too deep, too large, too painful, that one never heals fully..
                      they leave scars…that itch, that flares, every now and then

1. me says:

“Be healed!” So saith the pen to the bleeding ink… “and now that you’ve spoken, you shall be rid of your harrowing dreams.”

Lol….if only healing comes that easy…

Oh Jeepers Creepers! πŸ˜¨πŸ’€

Dr. Temitope ‘Hazzard’ Ogundare aka ‘The Darkheart’, is at it again! πŸ˜―πŸ™ˆ

The grisly picture painted here….the visual, leaves me visibly ill and the tale these lines tell are not only pretty dark and mighty diabolical; but they’re also deeply disturbing and causes for my very soul to weep, nay; bleed for this soul-less Narrator! 😣😭

‘Drunken Melodies’ huh? 😩As in getting real drunk and high off of anguish and misery?! πŸ™‰That’s horrendous Doc…..the absolute horror! πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜†

Were despair to take on a human form, he/she would sooo revel and soak up these ‘adulations’ as contained in ’em sinister lines; becoming totally imperious and then going on to attaining the status of an imperialist of sorts, you know; like an Emperor or Empress! Cause these perfectly unsettling lines do as a matter of fact elevate; like an eulogy, somewhat ‘serenading’ and ‘celebrating’ the positive menace that’s pain!πŸ™ŠTwisted stuff, ahem….really Doc?! πŸ™‰πŸ˜ž

I’ve been kinda obsessing and consumed with finding a way out of this quagmire the Narrator finds him/herself! The ‘soul-less’ part kinda presented me with a certain hopelessness that stymied healing! Better dead than alive without a soul, I muttered to myself and that was only till the lines ‘Oh Lord I ache’ hit me like a ton of bricks and ‘Eureka’! A light bulb goes up in my head and with it an epiphany! ‘Therein lies the Ultimate Solution’, I concluded! πŸ˜πŸ˜€

An S.O.S is gone forth from the lips of the Narrator to the ears of He, who’s the Greatest ever Physician and Alchemist! He isn’t deaf to our cries and pleas for help! He’s the ONLY One who can restore the soul; seeing as He devised it in the first place! He alone who’s got that ‘Soul-Elixir’, that’d see the Narrator alive and bouncing off of the walls in a heartbeat…in no time at all; with so much vigor and vitality….a new lease of life that’d see every hurt, pain and aches fizzling away into obscurity…nothingness! πŸ˜„

Not a totally hopeless situation afterall is it Darkheart?! Suck. On. That! πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜›πŸ˜‚

Wow Doc, this is a very brilliant composition that sticks out like a sore thumb…literally; from the rest of the gloomy monsterpieces you have up in here! It totally gets me…..reeling and quaking in my boots! Its pretty dramatic and intense….very compelling! A clever concept too…Maestro! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜
    And the workings of your beautiful mind….I have no words for! I simply cannot keep up with you as your creativity ascends new ‘dangerous’ albeit glorious heights! However do I top that?! πŸ‘ΏπŸ˜†
    You go Doc, you remain a clear win in ma books! 😀 Write and rock on Sire! 😎 Mwah! ❀😁

Thanks Yemie.
      This is a thesis!
      i cant find any word to reply you.
      I am not all Darkness, you see, there is that little line that signifies hope…suck on that, thou that name me names! *tongueout*
      your comments/analysis are the highpoint of this blogging experience

1. amity4 says:

It is her calling😊☺️
        She makes my heart bubble πŸ˜Šβ˜ΊοΈπŸ˜€
        Sweet goddess of words.

LMAO@its her calling! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Thank you so much Sweets, πŸ˜‡β€! You gladden my heart with ’em sweet words yet am supposedly the sweet one huh?πŸ‘―πŸ™‰You may really wanna lookπŸ‘€ again dearie; you know; just to be sure! πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜†

You rock Sweetkinz….pieces! πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜„ *hugs

1. amity4 says:

Flashing my teeth like no man’s business in the middle of the night πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒthanks you goddess πŸ‘ΌπŸ‘ΈπŸ˜‡.

What more can i say?
            Thanks you for being you.
            You rock moreπŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ‘πŸ‘ˆπŸ™ŒπŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜

3. DrSwag says:

Topazo!!!!!!!!!! Never before has HELL being captured so perfectly, never has the tortures of HELL being so succinctly surmised! BRILLIANT!!! I felt this one on my nerve endings..tasted it…You are good! Totally love the banter between you three literary Olympians…

lol@three literary Olympians…
      Me thinks thou art Apollo…