Leaving Sheol

I am going to die tonight

It is the night of the red moon

Spilt blood from broken hearts

Stain stellar skies.

My soul belongs with them

blinking back the bleakness

twinkling, defying the darkness

I feel the weightlessness of

Failing gravity,

My soul ascends upwards

Never to return here

To Sheol.

I suppose being dead to the aches and pains of a heart left broken and shattered is gotta be good right?! šŸ˜ž

Which was far off from what was my initial thinking when I glimpsed that first line…’I am going to die tonight’, inspite of the fact that the overhead title’s tagged ‘Leaving Sheol’! šŸ˜©

My point….you’re a tricksy Dr. Temitope Ogundare of ‘Blogloomsville’ and you very ‘nearly’ got me but not quite…. I came back in the nick of time! Take that…Ha!!! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

This makes for a neat read Doc, I love the imageries you employed and though it appears pretty morbid; its anything but….this edifies…’My soul ascends upwards’ and its got me belting out that popular song ‘Am going higher, yes I am’! These lines do well to remind of that great song ….too spot on! šŸ˜ŠšŸ˜„

You. Go. Doc! Maim, Disembowel, you know what??? Just…just…KILL! šŸ˜‡šŸ˜„

And I mean that in a VERY good way! No gore…I promise! šŸ˜ˆšŸ˜†

Thanks Yemi.
      The beauty of poetry is the multifacted perspectives from which one can look at it.
      You see happy lines and a metaphorical ascent from pain and darkness.
      I see a soul tired of life, longing for a place among the stars. He is ascending, never to return to Earth – a hell hole

This is so eerily goofy!
    Beautifully crafted.
    But Ayam scared o!

you have nothing to be scared of Jules

3. DrSwag says:

Nothing beats the giddy feeling of ascenscion..

well said…like an Olympian…lol