Emerald

In words of worlds
Where magic lives:
The magic of love
That lives in lives
Of people domiciled
Therein:

Hearts are made to love,
Hollow organs that empty
Themselves into yearning vessels
Holding life within, giving
And receiving in an endless cycle,
Enclosed in the core of humanity.

Blood is thicker than water,
Water is the essence of life;
Water and Earth — the elements
Fountains of life cascading down
Aortas through tortuous pulsatile
Channels down tiny tributaries,
Spreading cheer in joyous bubbles
Nurturing the building blocks —
Tiny cells knitted together in
Harmonious flagellations at the
Heart of life.

Destinies are set in stones,
Hidden in the sky
Among the stars;
When the stars align
Destinies are merged as
Designed by Fate;
Stars are crossed by Ill
Fate — destined souls
Drift in orbits
Adrift —
Wander endlessly with
Holes for hearts.

Happiness is found in ships
Sailing on tranquil rivers of warmth
Past the channels between
Islands of hearts
Leading towards the open sea,
The vast expanse of emerald green,
Rising and ebbing in waves of pure
Pleasure;
The contentment of solace found in
A kindred spirit;
The cool briny air
Sending spasms of delight down
Nerves;
A familiar tingle,
The first stirrings of a heart
Awakened by love.

****
Today is Yemie’s birthday.
Happy Birthday Yemie from the Z Channel! Wishing you all the best that life offers
May your dreams come true
May your belly be filled with laughter all year long
Many happy returns!!!
Hip! Hip!! Hip!!!
Hurray!!!
Need I say it?
This poem is dedicated to her…

Reblogged this on Straight From The Heart and commented:
    So, I turned a year ‘Fabulouso’ today and woulda infact kept that bit under wraps but many thanks to my Buddy, and Poet extraordinaire….Dr. Temitope Ogundare of the Z Channel; mine parent blog and homepage, who reeled out these beyond perfect lines for me on my special day; I just couldn’t…WOULDN’T pass off the opportunity to share! This is a timepiece…a masterpiece and an absolute, total stunning work of art! Check it out y’all and while you’re at it; feel free to look around his space…its a real delight! πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜„

Thank you sooo much Doc! Didn’t see this one coming but this….does take my breath away! And you….no words; in a very good way! Mwah! πŸ‘„β€πŸ˜„

1. girlspice56 says:

Happy birthday Yemie

Aw! You’re sooo ‘schweet’ Spice Gurl! Sweet n Spicy! πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜„

Thank you so much for the tidings and a very Happy New Year to you and all of your adorables! I stand grateful…deeply himbled and you….ROCK! β€πŸ˜‰

Yemie…Birthday gurl…hope you had fun?
      The Z Channel celebrates you!
      Many happy returns…
      May you have happy days all year

You betcha I had ample fun in manifolds Doc, greatly multiplied by your gorgeous creation, impeccably titled ‘Emerald’! ‘Tis simply just bedazzling and it glitters….bling bling! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Thank you so much for thinking of me Maestro…and a stunning song you did compose too with this masterpiece if I do say so myself! πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜„ I’ve gone through it severally and its one very tough nut to crack…this emerald; due to its enriching imageries and diversities…..its sooo NOT for the faint-hearted! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Of hearts pumping blood…the lifeline; from whence love….magic, is first ignited! Of destinies and fate….or ill-fated hearts a-fire but adrift! Of stars in the skies alligning and conspiring to bring and merge two souls together…if its meant to be and they’re made for each other! And that final verse, my favorite of the lot; that talks ’bout happiness and the pursuit of it! The imageries gets me in all of its totality…’The Island of Hearts..’, amongst others!

Its really interesting this journey the Narrator makes inside of ‘Emerald’; by way of this song, especially seeing as the beginning was utterly defined by the magic that’s love; and also ending at same..’The stirrings of a heart, awakened by love’! Tiffany Alvord says…’Love can sometimes be magic, but magic can sometimes….just be an illusion’! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I’ll cherish these lines for all times Doc; you brought it…sooo darn good and made my special day that much memorable! Thank you for the gift of your friendship and those perfect lines of prayers reeled out! I say a big AMEN to ’em and I pray the Good Lord to honor and grant all of your innermost wishes, in the multitude of His mercies! πŸ˜‡πŸ˜Š

Lotsa love Doc, Mwah! β€πŸ˜ƒ

Yemie, this is just a small something….you deserve so much more!
          Don’t mention…the pleasure is all mine!

2. D'Dream says:

Wow!!!!! Aunty mi sis yemmie of life! Happy bornday maam. I wished you more in this life in prosperity, wealth, joy and happiness IJN. You truly deserve this awesome piece of art and more cos you a rare gem is✌✌✌✌

Accept this humble cheesy cake from your small son in blogosphere villaπŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚

Bros mi of life…D-Dream’s In. The. Building! πŸ™ŠπŸ™‰
      Now ‘that’ is what’s up! 😎😀

Awww! Tis sooo nice to see you here D’Dream, I am soo bursting several moves! πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜„

Thank you for the ‘rare gem’, I have to look myself over again and then get right to blushing rainbows! πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜†

Plus, those tidings….You honor me and may the Good Lord honor you and all of yours in a way only He can IJN, AMEN! πŸ˜‡

Have you a fantastic rest of the evening buddy, while I get to feasting on that yummy delight of a humble but totally thoughtful ‘Cheesy Cake’! Mmmmmm! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

1. D'Dream says:

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€. I just hope you liked the yummy cake. Took a lot of care and time to prepare it.

Shalom!
        😒😒
        PS: I sent you a mail but no reply yet

I’ll bet you did put in lotsa quality time into making such a delightsome delish of a treat with loving hands! Hehehe. Thank you sooo much D’Dream! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

You may wanna resend that mail please?! πŸ˜‡

I always ensure to respond to mails, so in the event you do not get a feedback, chances are that it wasn’t delivered!

Thanks for thinking of me D’Dream and I’d send you a response immediately I happen upon it! πŸ˜„

You are absolutely right about the rare gem part….Yemie is that and more.

Welcome to these Plains….hope to see more of you.

And, Happy New Year! May 2016 be kind to us.

P.S so, it’s only Yemie you do cake for abi? Instead to do cake party and share the cake for everybody…

1. D'Dream says:

Relax bro! πŸ˜€. Guys don’t need too much cake (why? Ladies know) Solid food is the way!! OK apology, next time I will surely made enough cheesy cake to go round errbody.

Sure na, I’m still hanging around on the blogosphere bus, calling in passengers as well sef. Nice meeting you, really is

You are fulfilling on my prayer points: more guys on blogs

3. DrSwag says:

Happy belated birthday Yemie….you are such a gem as emphasized by all…Topazo…thanks for this…sheer magnificence!!!

Thank you DrSwag, for the wishes….. you honor me, and honor by the Most High; shalt you be too! πŸ˜‡πŸ˜ŠHave you and all of yours a most glorious and fulfilling ’16! Many thanks again! πŸ˜„

Yemie deserves so much more!
      Thanks Dr Swag

Hmm…
    Short on words…

5. amity4 says:

I read this on yemmie’s blog.
    So sad to have missed it.
    Our own goddess growing in grace and wisdom, in good health and wealth, spreading joy to every blogger through her magical words.
    God bless her for us.

Soooo, I was rather hoping the originator of this bedazzling post would come on over and attend to you but seeing as he’s seemingly ‘slow’ to responding, I well…decided to step in and do the ‘honors’! πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜†

Pay me no mind Amity and thank you soo much for those super endearing lines of prayer! Here’s wishing you the same and soo much more even as a new season’s ’bout ready to be birthed in your life in this selfsame month of January!πŸ‘―πŸ˜ Yay!!! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Have you a most fantastic Birthday Weekend and tons of fun in tow dear! May this be your ‘bestest’ year yet, with lines falling unto you in the most pleasant of places! πŸ˜‡πŸ˜„

Happy Birthday….in advance Amity and don’t have anything less than a blastπŸ’£…ab-SO-lutely!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

1. amity4 says:

Oh ! Goddess! Here you go again
        Ama go hide in the caveπŸ˜ƒ
        These early birthday wishes too much for this tiny me😁😁😁
        Thanks for the prayers and kind wishes too.
        Thank you.😊

Hehehe. Pardon me for am sooo NOT sorry for blowing the whistle on you Birthday Gurl! πŸ˜›

January 9 comes amidst a lotta fanfare and glee! Oops! I don’ gon’ done it again! πŸ™†πŸ™‰

Spoiler Alert…Yikes! πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜†

1. amity4 says:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
            Oh my chest!!!πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚
            You mean,sweet goddess!πŸ˜‡πŸ˜ˆ
            Thanks a trillion πŸ‘πŸ™πŸ™Œ
            You are blessed!

2. DrSwag says:

..What literary month January is….

Easy for you to say DrSwag! 😩Do I sense a teeny-weeny bit of bias and ‘ojoro tinz’ especially as January 23rd approacheth?! πŸ‘ΏπŸ˜†

1. DrSwag says:

what does thou talketh about Yemie, goddess of words…..

A-Owkay!!! Since you’re asking for the obvious to be spelt out to you, I believe that day, the 23rd of January many moons ago, heralded in, the birth of a certain guy, who went on to becoming a Doctor and awesome writer and wait for it…his name’s Ezechinyere Ekpo! Incase things are still a lil bit fuzzy; this other bit of info might help! His pen name’s DrSwag….YOU! Take that…..HA! πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜†

1. DrSwag says:

Mon Dieu!!! Who does stuff loike this…who???? ROTFLOL……Totally lost for words…..

Ahem…Checkmate then?! 😩😞

….aand that was how the cookie crumbled! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Happy Birthday….in advance my fellow Month-mate, may your special day meet ya in high spirits and estate! Shalom my Brethren! πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜†

1. DrSwag says:

…ROTFLOL….I cant stop laughing….goddess of mischief……THANK YOU SIS! It is an honour to share the same month with gems like you and Amity….

2. amity4 says:

Indeed. God is good

6. sueddie says:

And this…gets better with time. Behold, someone has found the gospel of the vine. He has found something really good, his poetry has become wine.
    Congratulations and best wishes to you Yemz. Well done to you Topaz. No flattery.
    Happy New Year Sir!
    I remember that I owe you…will do the tale.

PS: Is it possible that we make a compilation of these new poems and dump the old ones? Maybe we can look at 40 poems max…

Master Su! Happy New Year!
      Glad to have you here, it’s always a good thing when the masters come around and give you a thumbs up, even if na Yemie Birthday carry them come…hehe

P.S: the idea is not bad. I will make a compilation of 40 poems and send to you.

P.P.S: you said your editor liked the old ones and rather than edit, he was working on a review! So what’s going to be fate of the old? Aborted before it’s born? The thought saddens…

1. sueddie says:

The editor liked and shared his thoughts but…ah, with what I am seeing now, I am not sure you should water your worth with the former. If you haven’t trusted me on anything, trust me on this. We can still get to do that but one’s first collection should be memorable. To some extent, at least.

I trust you.
          Why shouldn’t I? You be my Oga na…lol
          So, I will send you something soon…within the next two weeks or so.

1. sueddie says:

Ba damua. Please, make haste slowly…and let’s get your very best. I think you will find it worth it in the end. πŸ™‚