Nostalgia

Loving you is wrong but it feels so right

Its throes make me writhe;

How can something that feels right be wrong?

It makes me so high and I am all strung up;

This love can never be wrong, could it?

It is more than just lust and being on heat;

It runs deep, it makes my heart ache,

It is a treasure I have found for keepsake;

It is locked in my chest, in a special place

Amidst the litters of failed affections – the maze

Of sadness and melancholia;

In loving you I found myself and became lost in you

You were like drops of dew

To my parched throat, leaving me thirsty for more

I know that I will never drink to my fill of you for sure;

You leave me wanting more with each taste

Loving you has put me in a dangerous state

That title, ‘Nostalgia’ is pretty cute and fancy; which is more than I can say for the tumultous state the Narrator finds him/herself! Dr.Seuss says not to cry that its ended, but to smile that its happened! So I say having been privy to those feelings in the first place, is capital deal! Not everyone gets to feel that way in their lifetimes! Cherish the memories and you just never know, a love like this one; you just may happen upon elsewhere; when you least expect! You. Just. Never. Know! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š

Beautiful lines, letterings and lyrics…triple ‘l’! Kudos Doc! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜„

has it really ended?
      or the Narrator is mulling on the feelings he/she has towards the object of affection?
      could it be an adulterous affair which the narrator knows is wrong but feels good and knows he/she will never have the person all to him/herself? or an object that is far from the narrator’s reach?

Sooo long on questions but short on answers I’d say; but nostalgic feelings are only awakened and aroused, when experiences have gone forth! So unless the Narrator did infact experience this, then how could this be anything but nostalgic?! Twisted and scatter-brained I’d say! 😩

Perhaps the Narrator is wishing to return to an earlier time when he wasn’t in such a ‘dangerous state’ of loving the object and hence engaging in something beautiful but wrong.
          I think the Narrator is still very much experiencing the love…

Perhaps? Possibilities are still rife, pretty much holding sway and reigning supreme, not clear…cut and dry! Ambiguous much! Whatever the case, I hope there’s a silver lining somewhere…someplace! πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜„

not all stories have happy endings dear, such is life

That feeling.
    Nostalgia…
    That’s how I’ve been feeling for a while now.
    I really know where the narrator is coming from. For we feel the same way.
    That love that can never be one’s. This is so heartfelt and saddening.
    Incredible narration.

Awww…Jules, pele…it can only get better from here..

I pray so…

3. amity4 says:

Hehehehe … And the Doc and the goddess tearing and breaking to pieces, decoding and interpreting the poemπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ƒ… I actually did not want it to end😞.
    I see your point goddess and i thought so too(not as smooth as yours though😜) but with the Doc’s further explanation, i see where the narrator is coming from and going to πŸ˜„πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜€ case dismissed

Thanks Amity…for seeing through my eyes…