I am sorry

I am sorry

For all the times I hurt

You, for all the times I shut

You out,

I am sorry;

I’m a lorry

Full of baggage

Can you manage?

I am afraid you would

But the question is, should

I do that to you?

I am afraid you would stay true

But would I believe that when I am blue?

I am a phony

Do you think me funny?

You think you know me,

Do not trust what you see;

The eyes is most deceptive,

It takes the heart’s perspective-

You see what you want to see, you see?

When the heart is clothed with love

It is like hands sheathed in woolen glove;

I am sorry, I didn’t turn out to be

The picture you painted in your mind

I am sorry, I shouldn’t be;

I am me, do you mind?

I mean, do you mind letting me be?

Letting me be me?

I am sorry, I let you down

But I am not ready to settle down

I mean, settle down for anything less

Than who I want to be; settling for less-

I am me, no more, no less.

(c) Copyright, Ogundare Tope 2015

Its a real nice and sweet thing to tender apologies to another for a wrong done! That’s a feat only the very strong are capable of pulling of! The art of apologizing can also very easily ruined by excuses as asserted by Benjamin Franklin! In other words, I find it a bit strange, that the Narrator would apologize for being anything other than him/herself! So long as you aint hurting noone by so doing, and you can live with being yourself; then by all means, be you and don’t apologize for it! ‘Don’t compromise yourself, you’re all you’ve got says Janis Japlin, and I totally share her sentiments!

Perfect lines Doc! I see your attempt to at creating a rhyming scheme in some of the lines and it panned out! The word play’s pretty, ‘a lorry full of baggage’…..sheer magnificence, and its actually what we all are…a hot pot of fine mess, init? 😂

1. DrSwag says:

Yeah…we all are lorries full of baggage and I am not talking Louis Vuitton here…It takes an ocean of love to manage…

No kidding Flow?! 😡Louis Vuitton ko, Jimmy Choo ni! Hmf! 😑😞

Put a lid on it Swag, buzz off! 😂😂😂

1. DrSwag says:

Yeeee oooooo…..Lol!!!! You know I cant buzz off when you are in the mix…the forget-me-not in you attracts the bee in me….lol….

Bwahahahaha! 😆 And that folks was how the Good Doc went from Botanist to entomologist, all in one breath! I trip! 😎

Nice one Swag, real nice! 👏👏👏😃

1. DrSwag says:

😂😃😄😅

it is refreshing to just sit back and relax and watch the banters between two love birds….*sippingcoke*

1. DrSwag says:

😅😅😅😅😅😅…this will get Yemie hitting your space like a tornado…lol

so right Dr Swag…but such an ocean of love can be scary…the threat of being submerged, overwhelmed…and losing one’s self….sometimes, the things that are too good to be true…are really scary. we often ask ourselves ‘who am I to deserve such love and affection, and devotion’….such is the state of the human mind

1. DrSwag says:

True….I am still asking The Christmas that question till tomorrow…who I am that you are mindful of me? However…we just need to trust and move on. Our redemption can only be found in love. For any relationship to succeed..it needs the love factor….unconditional love…

thanks Yemie, we all are full of baggage. In being ourselves, we sometimes hurt others, especially those who have built a certain type of expectations in their minds as regarding who we are or who we should be….while we do not apologize for who we are, we sometimes have to apologize for hurting them. it isn’t strange, it is only learning to separate the two

2. DrSwag says:

Sheer Mastery! Do I sense a veiled threat here….maybe just my imagination sha…

Veiled threat? not at all..

3. amity4 says:

Really nice👏👏👏👏. Its been a while though.
    But
    Don’t be sorry for wanting to be you
    For not wanting to settle for less.
    Aren’t you lucky you have found ‘you’?
    Some ‘re still searching you know
    Some died not knowing who they really are.

We do hope to read more soon😉

My dear Amity…thank you for missing me..*wink*
      There is no greater discovery than to discover one’s true identity…and there is no greater mission than to stay true to one’s self…

4. Expression is quite important.

you are so right exceptionalstar, thanks for stopping by

5. me says:

And again, I find myself here– immersed in the wealth of your soulful words. Same feeling, different days. Your poems tickle my emotions so!

I love this. So very much. ❤

it is an honor to have you here. Thank you

And I’m here to say
    Apology accepted!
    Abi you didn’t know you offended e?! 😂 😂 😂

This is so deep Doc.
    I actually forgot to comment after reading it.
    And to think I read it first o! 😂

Doc, you won’t seize to amaze me as you deftly string the strongest of Words.

Really have missed you.

Awww, Jules..thank you!
      I knew it must have been a mistake not to have seen your comment….as per my fan na..
      I missed you too o…