The Sanctuary

Where I go, you can’t come
It is a sacred ground
A hallowed chamber;
It is a place of memories,
A shrine dedicated to love;
There I sit, legs tucked underneath
Dressed in white, the garb of pure love
Palms pressed together,
Eyes closed
And await the visitation.
She comes to me dressed in purple,
Eyes aglow, shades of blue and brown,
She glides on air;
Her scent fills the temple,
Cinnamon and jasmine,
Fruity and sultry;
She touches me, strokes me
From the head down, stoking dying
Embers of lusts, fanning the flames of passion;
I watch her through tear filled eyes
As she sits astride and makes love to me;
I weep as she rides to ecstasy, her skin glowing;
She leaves and my heart breaks all over,
I empty my eyes of tears and
I’m left empty
Hollow;
I stand up and leave
I do not look back
I lock the doors and keep it in the purse close to my heart
Till the next time
When I return to worship
In the sanctuary
Of pain.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!
    This one is stronger than anything that is #Strong! Kai Doc…*sighs*

Lol…thanks Jules..

2. zikaolofin says:

Topazo….the poet here ehn…..is something else. I love every bit of this.

Thanks Zee…. I’m always happy to see thee…lol

‘Worship in the sanctuary of pain ei?! Creepy! *shivering* There’s a certain something ’bout this piece that reminds me of one of Aerosmith’s golden classic, ‘Crying’, where the composer couldn’t make a clear distinction between pleasure and pain, and thus concluded they must certainly be one and the same! Especially as his beloved who was causing him such pain, in a love affair he aptly described as ‘Sweet Misery’, cried whenever they got together to share of each other! Now, if the Narrator feels this much hurt and pain, why would he continually return to that place, that leaves him in such a terrible state afterwards, even to the extent of keeping the keys, in the purse close to his heart; and were those teary eyes a sign of pleasure or pain?! Clueless! LMAO!

This is sheer ‘crazitivity’ Doc! I read through this mesmerizing piece, and wondered how you even conceived the idea in the first place! Its magnificent, electrifying and pretty dramatic! The fetishes, the regal nature of the goddess so described, the sweet, innocent, pure, naïve, love-sick or love-struck nature of the Narrator who looks to me like he’s ensnared, utterly powerless and totally spellbound in the circumstances, the whole masterpiece in its full enchanting entirety! Dr. Temitope Ogundare, I do worship at thy fountain of creativity and brilliance! You tasked your imagination and pulled this right off! Sanctuary’s hypnotic, and absolutely magnetic; its a win, as you art Sir! AWESOMENESS! *applauding* LOL

Pain is pleasure,
    Pleasure is pain,
    Love is toxic
    Love hurts
    Humans are hopeless
    In love,
    What is a little pain
    In the face of such sheer
    Beauty?
    Moth are drawn irresistibly
    to the flame-
    A certain death.
    The heart is blind,
    The mind is foolish
    When in love.

And that ’bout wraps it up then! The answers I ‘desperately’ seek, I behold in ’em beautifully thought out and penned poetic lines! Maybe you oughta make this poetic response into a post on its own! It sizzles! Nice!!! *laughing*

Love shouldn’t hurt, but sometimes, some things are just plain inexplicable! A total and absolute mystery, as it is with this school called life! Thanks for writing and sharing Doc, do keep soaring up higher up! Yes you more than CAN! Cheers! LOL

Thanks Yemie.
        The poem is perfect where it is
        The world should know who birthed it…
        And she who midwifed the words…

2. amity4 says:

See he who does not like dark and twisted *tongue out*
      pain and love are soulmates
      that i know for sure.

I quite agree with you…
        P.S: you taught me “dark and twisted”!

Lol…we both know how..*wink*

3. amity4 says:

Nice read Doc
      don’t know where it came from
      but i love it.

I’m glad you like it dear

While still wrapping my head around the actual poem, I read Sis. Yemie comments and marveled. Then Doc brought this one again, and then I was like; ‘Jules, isn’t that exactly what you feel, what you’ve been going through?’ And I couldn’t help but come and reply, even tho I’m dog tired…well Doc…kontunu o!

Ah! Jules! I’m sorry o, but, whatever have I done?!
        This Jules sef, she be roping an innocent man in for crimes he don’t know nothing about!

Pele dear, try and get some rest ehn…(I will not ask the thing that you do that’s tiring you…*coughs*)

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!! #MasterMischievous!!!!! Hehehehe!!!! Was busy cooking and getting a lot done ni joor! Lols!!! Besides, still single like ONE! Hehehehe!!!!

I know you were getting A LOT done….eku ise!

Hahahahahaha!!!!! For your mind Doc, For your MIND!!! Hehehehehe!!!

And you just look guiltier by the minute Jules….

Lols!!!! Ayaf hia you o! Hehehehe!!!! No need defending maself! Coz you know as well as I do that I’m still searching sef! Hahaha!!!

There are many things you can be searching for Jules…a certain fruit located in a certain place…

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!! Doc!!!!! Why are you like this na! Heheheh!!!! After you made me feel melancholy for this your poem, still hugging myself and my pillow! Now you said I’m searching for fruits! Issorait! God is watching you on 3D o! Hehehehehehe!!!!!

Lol…or is it your Teddy you are searching for Jules?

Hehehe!!! Don’t even have one! Lols!!!!!

So, it’s that fruit thing you are searching for?

Lols!!! You sha want to put words in ma mouth! Issokay! Maybe I’m looking for….erm….yeah, I think I know now! Plantain??? Apple??? Hehehehe!!!!

Hehehe…banana?

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Banana indeed!!! Hehehehehe!!!! *flips imaginary hair and strolls away!* lols!!!

Imaginary hair indeed…
                      Still ‘gorimapa’ I see…hehehe

Yes o! Lols! Growing back already tho’ hehehe!!!

That’s good…hope you are treating the hair o, else you would have cut the hair for nothing

Lols. Yes, I am Doc! Thanks!

Good to hear…