The Alphabet Poem

I was reading a blog post “story of the ABC” in response to the daily challenge “Alphabet soup” and I was inspired to write a poem with the letters of the alphabets- each line will begin with a letter of the alphabet. I set out to write not having any theme and this is what I churned out.

It is not perfect, but it is a pretty good attempt. Please drop your comments, don’t spare them. If you are up to it, let your comments be written in alphabets too- each line of your comments to start with the letters of the alphabets. This should be fun!

***

Although I would love to

Brag about my proficiency and

Creativity, I really can’t.

Despite the accolades and the

Encomiums, I still think it

Fit to keep my head down;

Great as it might be to get

High on the praise, it is

Inimical to growth and sound

Judgment in future endeavors and pursuit of

Knowledge, which is key in

Literary circles lest I become a

Moniker, and a monument.

Nevertheless, not to acknowledge the applause

Or allow the ointment of adulation grease the chaffed

Palms is not also a pleasant thing to do.

Question is, how do I find the balance?

Relishing the delicacies while

Silencing the urge to binge, learning to

Tread cautiously along the tenuous slope that is success

Understanding that it takes only an unguarded moment and the

Vicissitudes of life like a violent storm can overturn a life’s

Work and lay waste an empire build with sweat and blood, and like a

Xoanon, an image with no power, be left to

Yearn for the days when one was alive and not a story to be told in

Zines of what could have and should have been.

***

So, who is the first to go? Let the fun begin….

1. zikaolofin says:

Nice. I love that you respond to challenges of this nature and that you make a very good job of it. This is similar to your post on Nigeria’s independence, which is the first of your works that I read and which has kept me glued to this page. Well done Topazo

Thanks a bunch Zee. I love taking challenges, and i love trying new things. i have done a lot of these kinds of poems… there is one i know you will particularly love
      check it out https://zaphnathpaaaneah.com/2014/04/15/on-the-brink-of-yesterday/

2. This is so awesome, well done! Thanks for the ping back 🙂

Thanks a bunch… you and Yemie inspired this…

Vonita was the actual trailblazer! Holla Vee, will look in on you soon! Cheers babycakes, kudos! *big smile*

Awesome!!!!

Brilliantly put together!!!!!!!!

Captivating!!!!!!!!!

Delightfully worded!!!!!!!

Exquisite!!!!!!!!!!

Funtastically spined along!!!!!!!!

Greatly and cunningly webbed together!!!

How is it that you are this good at doing this???

Intelligently strewn together!!!!!!!!

Just so you know, I so enjoy reading your posts!

Knowledge truly is power, see what power it gives you!

Learning a great deal from you that you can’t even imagine or think about…

Many a time I marveled at your intelligence, it sure surpasses that of an ordinary writer/Doctor that you are.

Now you see why we can’t get enough of you!

On to greater level you’re climbing!

Priceless are your imaginations!

Quite the Observer too, yeah I noticed…

Remember, god’s got your back, we do too…

Still looking forward to more of your posts!

Though, at times you keep us on our toes, as you

Unwound some mystery and

Viciously throw us off guard sometimes with

Wonderful suspense on tragedy, but which still hold a lesson or two.

Xo-xo

You sure are a #WizardofWords….and I’m

Zoning in on everything you write!!!!

Kai! That was tough o! You writers are trying! I hope I score some marks sha..*sighs*
    Excellent Poem you put together there #Doc, wonderful!!!!!!

Magnificent Jules, MAGNIFICENT! *applauding* LOL

Thanks Sis! *grinning from ear to ear*

Lol…Sis, I just tried my hand o, and I can see I’m an amateur where you guys are gathered, hehehehe!

The more of a reason why I dubbed thee Magnificent! You totally brought it even for a self-proclaimed amateur! I see excellence written all over you! Rock and write on! Mwah! LOL

stop undermining your talent jor…and we are still waiting for the 20 reasons not to start writing now

Lols!!! #Topazo!!!! Pls don’t put me in trouble o! Lols…thanks for believing in me. But I assure u, I’m just learning from u guys. Your talents and ingenuity is rubbing off on me. Still learning…

good…then let us learn together….

2. Walt Shakes says:

Wow! Jules, that was awesome!

Thanks Walter, but I’m expecting urs o! Lols…

3. zikaolofin says:

Jules, now give me ONLY 20 reasons why you should not be a writer, hmmm?
      They have to be all cogent reasons, else they’ll not pass. I’m waiting….

Lols! Dearest Zee, I’m an #Amateur of the highest order where You, Sis Yemie and Topazo are gathered. Being around you guys has begin to rub off on me! Hehehehhehe!!! Thanks dear, for the vote of confidence…

1. zikaolofin says:

Lol! Nice way to go round my trap. Hahaha! Ok now, really you should take a go at it. You get better with practice, amateur or not.

Smiles…thanks Dearest Zee, I’m honored…

she hasn’t gotten round it…in fact i think we should launch operation #Juleswrites. Anyone with me?

Ha!!!!!! #Topaz!!!! Pls o! Don’t put me in trouble o!!! Lols!

the ‘trouble’ has started… get ready

Haba! #Docky! Abeg naa, *on ma knees palms together*

lol…Jules, it is a good ‘trouble’ o

Am hopping on the bandwagon! You go Jules, yes you CAN! LOL

Ha! Sis!!!! You too?! You should plead on ma behalf ni naa, abeg don join da crews o! Lols

too late Jules…she has joined the wagon…no going back

I snif great a conspiracy within/between you two! *flees*!

No conspiracy Jules! If you’ve got it babycakes, flaunt it and you’ve got something there, so explore it! The possibilities are limitless and you darling; CAN! *HUGS* LOL

“Jules writes….from the pen of an amateur”
                    has a nice smell doesn’t it? shebi that is what you are smelling?

Yes! Yemie in…who is next?

3. zikaolofin says:

Hahaha! I see Yemie launching a defensive here on Jules side. Or not?

Or not ni o, Zee! I’m in on the idea to get Jules to start writing! I mean, since that worked for me, with you ‘bullies’ on my case and not backing down till I did thy biddings, why not with Jules ei?! I blame y’all so I wanna be a bully too! *cheeky grin*

Kai!!!! I don enter one chance! Sis. Yemie! Zee! Abeg naa!!! *puts hands together in supplication*

2. zikaolofin says:

Ok, that’s cool. So Jules dear, now that you see you are on your own, you’d better throw in the towel before the towel drags you by the neck….hehehe!

Hmmm….short on words…*sighs heavily* Zee, maybe I should kuku drop the towel for ground. *looks left, looks right* *looks forward and backward* *tip toed away*

1. zikaolofin says:

Tiptoeing away ay? Nah! *dragging you right back* The grand jury(Yemie, Topazo and me) has decided your case: Write you shall! Sorry no buts and ems!

Nna men! You guys really mean business!!! *scratches head* *looks left and right* *shrugs*

Jules writes….loading…

*Hands on Chin*

you took the thoughts out of my head Zee…i am right over here wondering the same thing…Jules! answer now o..

Seriously considering that 20 reasons o! *flees*

Oh Jules…i see you were the first to try your hands on this…and i am sure it was mighty fun for you!
      you nailed it like bam (like Yemie would say. i seem to be borrowing a lot of her vocab these days…)
      thanks for your kind words dear…

My Pleasure…Smiles…

5. Isaacola AA says:

Boss ma’am, you will not cease to amaze me. Brilliant sewing of words together. You owe me an article or a poem in January. Prepare because am zoning in on you!

Ha!!!! Oga Isaacola!!! You too??? Kai! There’s something strong and dangerous when a deadly #TRIO (mean that in a wonderful way) comes on you fast and tight! And I’m sure there’s more of you coming on me! *packs bags, jumps fence* *takes the shortcut to escape* *flees*!!!!!

1. Isaacola AA says:

Ayam a terrible task master therefore sharpen your pencil, carry eraser n sharpener and gbbbbram begin pen your thoughts

Oga ISAACOLA, na beg I dey beg, abeg free me o, before I #Jargonitize your blog o! Lols…

no hiding place for you Jules…gird up your loins…

wow..Jules, you see? ‘Jules writes’ is becoming a reality!!!!

And Our Dear #Topazo already Named the not yet created #blog…’Jules Writes’ Kai! Hmmm…*sighs heavily*

4. me says:

Awesome,and
    Brilliant piece this one is.
    Captivatingly structured,
    Driven by an untamed passion one like i’ve never seen. So that yet again, I am
    Engulfed in your literary spell, and
    Fazed by your sheer genius. Lost for any more words, i’ll plead: For the sake of
    God, I pray you, don’t ever stop.

Managge my A- G.

Considering you did it on the spur of the moment, it makes one classic. It passes so much of your thoughts across in so few lines, and it is very relatable. How do we balance letting compliments encourage us, and the tendencies that we might let them in a little too much that they overfill us and make us fart pride? No be small thing sha. Methinks it takes some discipline, God’s grace and the company of loved ones to call us to order when we seem to be going overboard.

Cheers writer!

1. amity4 says:

You can do better sunshine😉

Thanks Me, I am liking your frequent visits here because truth is, I like the perspective you bring into issues. So do come often.
      You did amazingly well, and I knew you had fun…because i am having fun reading it. Thanks a bunch…

5. amity4 says:

Always you knock me of my feet with your

Beautifully

Crafted work of art.

Do lift your humble head up

For you deserve every accolade you get.

Give honour to HE who endowed you with the

Inestimable gift of words and

Just keep on being humble

Knowing HE got your back always

Like HE does to all his children.

More ink to your pen I say

No writer block shall come your way

Only stay true to your muses

Please!
    Quit questioning just trust in HIS lead.

Relax in HIS presence and watch is work

Sprout in you like the magic bean of Jack my friend.

Tread cautiously I’ld say too my friend; truly

Unguarded moment do great harm than good

View every praise and accolades as HIS not yours,

Waste no time entertaining the hellion’s trickery

X-rated seeds has he in his bag

Your are such a blessed soul sent from

Zion to bless a soul like me.

Merci

You totally brought this Quaint and Dainty China; oh yes you did, like thamazing Poet that thou art! Wowzer! LOL

1. amity4 says:

Hehehe
        Merci
        I see me few typos though 🙈

Oh C’mon babycakes, who cares! The message has never been more clearer, typos or not! Soar on up, nothing dey happen! Mwah! *winks* LOL

2. zikaolofin says:

Fantastic Amity. Fantastic. Hmmm, now I think I’ll try take up this challenge too. Lol

1. amity4 says:

Thank you.
        Sure you can and I am sure you’ll nail it😉

Zee, please do o…join the fun. i am sure you would blow my mind…don’t keep me waiting please…

That was Awesome!!!!

Awww…such touching words beautifully stringed together and in a creative way too…this went right into the deep recesses of my heart…
      Thanks a bunch…Amen, and wishing you the same too…

Aw! As

Beautiful a candle

Coloured, white or otherwise

Does not see its own base,

Except it be told by others, just how

Fantastically it

Glows, spreading its glittering shades to

Hovering darkness around and about

Illuminating its entire surrounding

Jubiliations a-rising

Kinetics a- changing

Love and laughter renting the air

Masterpieces flowing and springing forth from the ink, with

None in despair

Oneness created with the world

People in a joyful frenzy

Quintessential in their amassed knowledge, inspired

Radiating with so much energy and vibes

Satisfied and just content

To learn from the masters

Untold stories, yet to be told

Vibrating with much eagerness also to fill

Wanting and hungry souls

Xtraordinary pieces of writings that

You alone Doc can whip up, as you’re full of

Zest, zany yet reeking of zen! Zing! So?

Wow Doc, you tore up this challenge to shreds! Its a lot more different an approach from what Vonika did on her blogsite, which I actively participated in! This smarts Doc, a clear winner; just like you! Bravo! *applauding* LOL

WOW…Sis #Yemie!! That was Brilliant! Beautifully Worded! Wow! Yopure good, no that’s an understatement, great!

Oh Jules! Thank you so much! The goofer’s mighty humbled by thy kind words! *eyelashes* LOL

*replaces ‘goofer’ with ‘goddess’* now that is better
          “the genius is mighty humbled by thy kind words”

You really come off unhinged tonight Doc! Tell me, what REALLY is going on?! I coulda sworn you just hit a jackpot! *rme* LMAO!

Thanks for all the pleasant ‘G’ words, and still in the spirit of the alphabet game, I’m Gggrateful Sir! Gracias! Go figure! *giggling*

*that image of you, in my head, giggling…priceless*

Yeah,right! I’ll bet! *Yinmu* LOL

and here i thought i was the only one in on that secret…Yemie is….out of this world terrific!!!

2. amity4 says:

Ride on goddess
      See what I’m saying
      Words don’t fail ya
      They jes flow like honey from da comb😉👌👏

Hehehe! Thank you dearie and your words reminds me of a guy I used to know ! Scratch that, I still know him! Cause he flows just like you effortlessly did here, all poetic and things! Nice one! LMAO!

I’ve got only God to thank for everything! He did this! Am absolutely clueless! Thanks dearie, thou rockest so hard! Mwah! LOL

And I seest that the King James bug still troublest thou…when wilt thou be free of this thine ailment?

And who sayest to thou, Doc that I suffereth from the King James bug or that any ailment troubleth me and I needeth to be saveth?! I was born and bred this way! LMAO!

Oh, thou wast born this way? cool!
              #kingjamessyndrome

oh yes Amity,
        she redefines flows…
        she is the flow!

*fanning self* it is hot in here!!!
      Jeez Yemie! easy on them accolades now…my head can’t take any more…. lol

Never fear Doc, You’d be mighty fine, yes you will! Accolades killeth not, rather, they uplift, and higher up high shalt thou soar! LOL

7. Walt Shakes says:

Peeps here are on alphabet fire. Lol.
    Doc, I have much respect to your brain. like the first commenter said, your tackle of literary challenges such as this is what makes you a memorable writer.

Awww, thanks Walter!
      i wonder why the writers’ writer did not join in the fun though…

8. Have you ever taken something in and then felt like speaking and sparking adulation in a strange tongue (say french)? I just felt that way now…and you’re so guilty for it.

Making meaning out of ABCs is a really big deal, and you, Doc, has earned more respect points from me.

Capti-very-vating!

Senor Joe! yes I have…reading your comments did that to me…
      thanks a bunch

9. *pardon the grammatical suicide.