Distant Memories

I was happy once,

In a time so far away

That the memories are hazy.

It is almost like a dream

The kind that lingers at the edge of

Consciousness in that state between

Sleep and full arousal.

The kind of dream that you do not want

To wake up from

Because even without being fully awake

You already know that reality is not what you

Are ready to face, not yet

Not ever.

I was happy once

When the earth was aligned and not on its head

Like it is these days.

Then, there was laughter and mirth

Not somber faces and moans

There was hope and happiness

Not despair and depression

I was happy once

And I miss those days.

images courtesy: http://www.flickr.com

*Sighs*…to think that you just render a poem on how I’ve been feeling for sometimes now. Like you took a journey through my mind. Yes I was happy once, when I don’t have to wake up to the harsh realities of life or to blow dealt me by circumstances. Yes I was happy once when I’m free and happy without the remembrance of all the things that’s supposed to or not to be. Yes I was happy once, not so long ago, when things seems simple enough, not now that everything takes on a riddle like #Question and #Answer. Yes, not so long ago, I was happy, and I wish those memories won’t fade away…#Topazo, one word for you…you’re #INCREDIBlE…

awww…Jules, life can be shitty sometimes and harsh.. but sooner than you think, the sun will shine again. just you hold dear to the happy memories and never let them go.

*Sighs heavily*…yeah, you’re right. Everything around is watery shit, and u know what that means, can’t waddle in them or walk over them, the stink is too overwhelming…but then, like u said to hold on to the memory, been trying to, but it’s like grabbing at straws. But I will #PushForwad, I won’t #GiveUp, I won’t #LooseHope, I’ll #HoldOn, I’ll have #FAITH…thanks…

you do that dear…and all will be well, you will see

Oh I sure will! I’m no #Gloomy u know, I’m my #Cheerful self, hehehehe!

2. I almost cried while reading this. Like i’m losing myself the more i grow. Hey, i hate the way you wrote this (short and hurting) but i love what you wrote.

you are not losing yourself, you are simply evolving into someone better. yes it may involve pain and loss but then what you end up being a better version of yourself…

thanks for the compliment

3. This is how I’ve been feeling recently – remembering times when life used to seem SOoooo much easier. Think the person we want to be, or used to be, is always within our grasp. Look forward to reading more of your posts in the future ๐Ÿ™‚

thanks a bunch…
      yes, growing up involves so much responsibility…

4. amity4 says:

Yeah
    I miss those days tooโ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’

When dinos was my ride

When the air was cleaner snd purer

When communication was so real

Writing letters was the coolest.

I really do miss those days

When dogs looked like dogs.โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š

And friends were for real.๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ.

I did enjoy reading๐Ÿ˜Š

Merci

lol..
      friends are still real
      and yeah letters are the coolest!
      thanks Amity…

5. DrSwag says:

Gloomy…heart-tugging…you are masterful at this ain’t you….lovely one! Secret though is to keep and cherish happy moments…squirrel away a chestful of them for the winter days and carry those treasures with us forever…. I was happy once, still euphoric now….

“I was happy once, still euphoric now”…I love that!

1. DrSwag says:

Yup. .actually it is a choice..in the eyes of life stormy seas..to raise the mast of joy and whistle away your favourite tune while looking beyond the waves to an Paradise Island. ..

you are right. happiness is a choice. we are the only ones responsible for our happiness.

A lot went into putting this beautiful poetry together! I must commend your ingenious Doc and I can totally relate too! Thumbs up!

We all have fond memories of yester-years, and its really okay to cherish ’em for all they’re worth! But, we must be very careful not to make a monument outta ’em, else; we’d remain stagnant, un-moving, walking corpses, dead! How do we move on and create new memories, if we stay stuck in the past and refuse to let go and get a move on?!

Life’s in stages, ever evolving and changing, therefore we must learn to move with the tides, and be the better for it too! The only constant thing in life is change! So, as a matter of fact, I do cherish my yesterday, am balling and making the best of my today, and by His grace; am keeping my hope alive for a far better tomorrow! For me, its forward ever; and backward never! My latter house MUST be far better and greater than my former house IJN, Amen! LOL

1. DrSwag says:

Yesterday, you were Super Yems, today you be sniper…..DEAD SHOT! Bullseye!!!!

Hehehe! You crack me up good, Lyrical Genius and I have only this to say to ya….’Check and Mate like Booyah’! LMAO!

Oh DrSwag, Sis. #Yemie have always, always been the #Sniper, you just didn’t notice it ni o! She’s always da #Bomb, the #Bazooka, the #Grenade, what have u…yeah, she’s the #Fiery one! *flees and looking over shoulder*

Hahaha! Jules keep running o! Chai! You certainly won’t be the death of me I swear! You naughty you! LOL

Lol!!! Well Sis. You know I can’t help not to tell about u any turn I get! *smirking*

And Cheerful walks in y’all! what took you so long?!
      LOL

Yemie, you make sense die! I join you to say Amen to your prayers…to a bigger, better and… fatter Yemie!

Didn’t know I was running a tad late Gloomie! My bad?! You musta REALLY missed me then! Who woulda thought?! *Yinmu* LOL

And you crack me up too! A bigger, better and FATTER Yemie he says and I say, as long as that fat’s gotten anything to do with ma twin boys: Nathan and Justin coming through; then I’ll take it! I’ll bite! I’ll have it no other way by golly! Really Doc?! You’ve gotta be friggin’ kiddin’ me, Silly Nilly! Hmph! LMAO!

oh but he did miss you- Gloomie

you are so in the spirit! I knew you would key into the realm…Nathan and Justin, such sexy names…

Aw, ‘schweet’! Cheerful did miss Gloomie too, truckloadz, containers, a gazillion vessels and ocean-liners; you know, TONS, HUGE! ROTFLMAO!

Plus, you know me Doc, am not one to pass off, on an opportunity when it presents itself or comes calling! I’ll so milk it and am so glad too that you pretty much approve of ’em names! Sexy?! Oh dear! Not quite what I had in mind but hey! Who’s complaining?! *laughing*

so what names did you have in mind?

Oh but you missed the point Doc! Those are the names I had in mind, I just didn’t think ’em sexy or anything! Cute, adorable and very meaningful I figured! Sexy was the furtherest thing from my mind but now that you mentioned it, am seeing ’em in a complete and a whole new light! So sexy they are! Gbam! LOL

I wonder! Been waiting for her comment for so long, been wondering what’s keeping her. But now I’m happy she’s here…*contented smile*

Aw! Thanks Jules! You flatter me! God bless and keep you dearie! A big Mwah, complete with bear hugs too! LOL

You’re most welcome dearest Sis…