The ear must not hear

‘’Some things are better left unsaid’’, his mind tells him. ‘’No matter how hard it is to keep them down, they are things another ear must not hear. It is better to bottle it up, let it eat you up and kill you. At least you will die honourable. Abominations! Do not utter them. Think them if you must but I wouldn’t even advice you to do that, but if you must, then let it just stay there. They must not be uttered.’’

‘’How can it be heard that you are in love with a married woman? That you desire her and dream about her? Mba! Eewo!’’

And so he dies a slow painful death, in bits and pieces. Daily. If love was a matter of choice, then he would have expunged the feelings from his heart but alas, matters of the heart cannot be decided by the head. The heart wants what it wants.

Several emotions war within him, each pulling him in different directions and threatening to tear him apart. He feared he was going to lose it soon.

Outwardly, he appears calm and cool, a picture at variance with the raging storm beneath. He was surprised that no one had seen past the façade, the thinly veiled wall hiding the fury of the fire underneath. It is sad, how people look at you but don’t really see.

So he smiles and laughs and stifles the groan that is always lurking around to escape his lips, the gasps of pain as his heart utters their death throes. He restrains himself from clutching his heart as the pangs take hold of him. He suffers in silence. No one would understand his pain. It was a sacrilege, thinking those thoughts, feeling those thoughts.

Oh Wow! A forbidden and an absolutely impossible love has not been so well painted with such intensity and passion! This is so disheartening and can really drive one coooreizy! *sighs*

This is soo not a good place to be, its sheer torture I tell you! The whole heaviness of the heart, gut-wrenching, heart-shattering! Can’t be easy! There’s nothing as harrowing as falling in love with a person who isn’t available, its totally disconcerting! That’s like dying a slow painful death with each passing day till one drowns in the encompassing gloom or one just gets to learn to live with it!

From experience though, its a tall order! Those feelings never get completely eroded! It may diminish with time, repressed but not completely ridded of!

I know that there’s absolutely nothing that God cannot do, so perhaps; looking unto Him to take away those feelings and you know; talking ’bout it, even as ‘calamitous’ and taboo as it is, will help a great deal! Hopefully! *laughing*

Doc, what’s it with you and sad tales this season nah?! Thought we were cool and quite agreed that Gloomie’s gone forever weren’t we?! So pray tell, wherever did he spring from again?! How did that happen?!*raised eyebrow* LMAO!

I wonder o! He sha want person to dey long for love, ehn…and what to call dis one nw, at list no b #Monsterpie b dis one, dis one na #lovelostpie. Aunt Yemie, se mogbaa?

Hahahahahahaha! Aburo mi toh bad gaan! O gba jare! O ti lo wa ju, ori e n bee be! As in your head dey there! I dey feel you die! Chai! Jules, you be original case file walahi talahi sunmobi lai!

Plus, sorry ’bout your migraine! Do get something to eat, take some paracetamol and you know, just relax! You’d be mighty fine, you’ll see! Pele dear, feel better! Mwah! LOL

Oh I get it! *dancing azonto on ma bed! Hahahahaha!!! Me sef knw o! Girlie to badt gan!! E se gan jare Sis me I will do just that, *Hug,kisses,more hugs…

hmmm…..sisters of the spoken word… I am jealous of this tender loving care o

Jules, love is a beautiful thing na…certified statement by the koko master himself…lol

so let’s talk about love…na celine dion yarns be that…

Me sef know jare,say u b d real #LoveManDoc. Oya, #LetstalkAboutLove! *opens Malt take a sip* I’m all ears!!!

lol Jules…oya na, ladies first…

For where, me take that bate and swallow, I don wise tete! Na u start am o, oya make we continue frm where u stop. Me sef go con join u…Lol! See me speaking ‘pidgin’ fluently, all coz of Topaz. Shey u see wht u r making me do now, ehn, *evil eye. Lol!!!

lol…na love dey make you dey speak pidgin o…this love sha!

Oga Topazo, no b small mata atall atall o! Hmmm Love, Love Looovuuu! U too dey do person wan kain wan kain. But come o, why is it that we almost always love d wrong person naa? Ehn, see d poor man now, instead of to fall for a single lady, na married man hin heart go pick…chai! Diarisgod o!!!

the matters of the heart cannot be judged with the head…the heart wants what it wants sometimes against all reason…

Yeah..right…and most times the Heart just lead us into pure #Trouble…*sighs again*

and that puts a big question mark to the whole ‘follow your heart’ maxim…

Exactly! Though Love is said, and is a Beautiful thing, it sure always find haven in d wrongest of places at times, which makes the #FollowUrHeart mantra a big issue!

well, I sure hope this young man will not follow his heart, cos that will only mean trouble…

I fervently pray for his sake too..coz it won’t b a laughing mata o!

talking about it with who? the married woman or a friend? people are not so nice o, when it comes to scandalous things,,,,they are harsh and judgmental and will leave you worse off…

Yemie, I will have you know that Gloomie was a co-founder of this blog…. he ain’t going nowhere…plus when he decided to leave, he went and fell in love with you and your words…..so he has decided to stick with you forever…

Yeah! I guess you’re right ’bout people being judgmental and all! Except by some luck he finds a kindred spirit who’s gone through same to understand where he’s coming from, then I daresay it will be almost impossible to squeal! Its also dangerous just bottling things in you know! It eats away at the soul and one is left a depressed mess and that can affect one’s entire well being as well as productivity! Its a damper however way you look at it! Wow! What to do, what to do?! Deadlocked!

How’s it possible that Gloomie’s in love with Cheerful?! I know opposites attract as we were taught in Physics but then again, its a totally twisted twist this! The horror! *laughing*

what to do? na to keep quiet o…”iku ya ju esin” says the wise ones…

when you were sweetening gloomie’s belly with your delectable words you didn’t know that time abi…

Topazo, you dey mara o! LMAO@ Iku ya ju esin! C’mon! Cant be that bad ke! There must be someone one can just unburden one’s woes unto! Its very difficult but not utterly impossible! How ’bout he talks to his Pastor or a Shrink ei?! How ’bout it?! *Yinmu*

As regards that Gloomie issue, am totally in the dark here, clueless! LMAO!

Hmmm..that kind of #unburdening will lead to disaster, because the person told might take it upon himself to either let d woman knw or even create chaos…Iku man ya ju esin lawon asiko kan looto…*sorrowful state…

someone agrees with me!

it is that bad…
              your judgment go start from pastor….he will tell you how you are going to end in hell…how dirty and evil you are…

I rest my case then! The Lord’s all of our strengths! A daa, o ye Olorun! *chuckling*

lol…e pele…Amin

Lol!!! So true. And they will begin to cast out d #DemomofLust from his bori, aye o! Hmmm…omo dis one is strong o!

Auntie Yemie, remember the tale of #Beauty&theBeast? Yeah, #GloomieandCheerful love story somehow sounds like that

Oh I remember that tale alright! Except well, Beast was not exactly that, he was under a spell and when that spell got broken, he was the hunkiest guy ever! So its really not the same! Gloomie will forever be Gloomie, and Cheerful ditto!

you think so? you cant be too sure o…

Oh I’ve never be surer! Gba bee! LOL

for your sake I hope you are right…

For my sake?! What’s your point Doc?! *raised eyebrow*

my point? I have no point!

Oh but Sis, I dobt dat o. If a whole Grumpy can shed more tears than everyone else at d death of #SnowWhite, then, anything can happen, if u just believe…Lol!!!

Jules pumpkin, as the free spirit that I am, I believe all things are indeed possible if I just believe! Cheerful loves Gloomie, A LOT; you simply do not know the half of it! That aspect’s been signed, sealed and delivered by the powers that be and she knows she’s not gonna be getting outta Gloomie’s clutch any time soon! Supposing that ‘soon’ is forever, Yuck! So I understand where Gloomie’s coming from! He’s got this whole thing all planned and figured out, as the master that I hate to admit he is, hmph! So, I’ll bemoan my defeat on that premise! Damn it to the Hades! *scoffing*

I must also make clear however, that Cheerful does not love Gloomie cause he’s enshrouded in gloom and eternal sadness, but cause she’s this starry-eyed person, who has conditioned her mind to see beauty and goodness in everything no matter how horrible and glum those things seem! In other words, Cheerful is identifying with Gloomie cause his pieces which I term ‘Monster’, have a certain latent, inherent beauty wrapped in them!, They’re eclectic, electrifying, stimulating, magnetic! Very emotionally- riddened, that they get you, draw you in, and you get lost in ’em; in total, very, overwhelming and infact absolute reckless, careless, carefree abandon! *catching me breath* LMAO!

You know how sometimes you get so wrapped up in someone that gradually and unconsciously, you begin to lose yourself and your identity?! Yep! That’s just a ‘lil indication of how compelling those pieces are, they’re that powerful! So real and surreal at the same time! Soul-dipping yet soul-stirring, mind blowing yet mind boggling! They’re magical, entrancing! And best of all, they resonate! Folks can just see themselves in those situations and assuage that they aren’t alone, that others are REALLY passing through those same things! They’re therefore afforded the opportunity to heal by drawing strength from others like ’em!

So you can see clearly why Cheerful will always identify with Gloomie! For the mere fact that Gloomie’s got some serious game, and am not talking ’bout his sad persona and dispensation, nuh-uh! I don’t roll like that! Some people do sugar, some chocolates, some others sweet wine, some alcohol and cigarettes; I do happy and cheerful and that’s just ’bout it! Sadness is not my thingy! LOL

when explanations are too many….*sealing my mouth*

Wevs Doc, na u sabi dat one o! Hmph! * Yinmu*

Sis!!!!!! Well got no reply for U now, u knw Y, I’m in a Hospital bed coz I got dizzy reading this #EKSPLANATION! Whew! Seriously? As in seeeerrriiiiooooouuussssslllllllyyy????? Sis u gotta b kidding me! *Fainted!

Yes o, Jules! SERIOUSLY!!!! I kid you not! Dizzy ke?! Hospital sha?! Kamari! Get well soon o, I wish you a soonest recovery! Ndo! *Yinmu* LMAO!

Lol…been admitted since yesterday, so I just saw all d comments now..typhoid and ulcer wan kill their parent for village…

Oh you poor dear! Clueless me! Here I was, thinking you were just goofing off! Am soooo sorry! Please get well soonest for real now and follow the Doctor’s orders to the letter, by taking all your medications! Love you tons dearie, you’ll be in my prayers and will be mighty fine too! Mwah! *plenty bear hugs* Lol

awww Jules! I am so sorry to hear this….please get well soon…

Thanks a lot Sis. Yemie, and thanks to u too dear Topazo…I really appreciate u all, and I’m warm from inside out with ur care and love…God Bless U for me…both of u…

Haa! Auntie Mi! Talk abt that kain thing kwa, for Naija, America Britico or for another planet entirely? Hmmm…that one na look for trouble weller! It will surely b frowned upon. We’re talking abt married woman here, not the same thing Sis…*sighs

4. DrSwag says:

Yemie….You seem to know this feeling too well….

You guessed it Swag dearest, I know that old feeling all so well! I mean, with George Clooney not giving me the time of day or even noticing that I exist….. Heck! He doesn’t even know am totally besmitten and suckers for him! So yeah, I know that feeling all too well! *Yinmu* LMAO!

1. DrSwag says:

Lolzzzzz…I feel you sis..there’s a dearth of men who get more distinguished as they grow older…i totally feel you…what a heavy heart you must carry around..but shhhhhh…..(whispering)..the ear must not hear….

True that! Bloke gets so much appealing and irrestible as he ages! I’ve loved him forever! He knows how to get my butterflies a-fluttering and a-spluttering! He’s my eternal love! Very easy on the eyes, funny, successful, my kinda guy! Phew! LOL

He’s never looked better I tell ya and it just soo……tortuous this hell hole I’ve been plunged into! Imagine living through the hell daily, oh the fates! A deathly blow I’ve been dealt! I shall not keep quiet though, I’ll scream and shout and let it loud till he sees and claims me as his one true bride! I’m slave to his passion and its killing me slowly but surely! Oh the fates!*sighs* LMAO!

*coughs*
              I am tempted to reveal some damnable truths…but then, I am in a happy mood, so I will refrain….

Hmmm! Mischief! Mischief!! Mischief!!! When that bout of coughing happens, you can be so darned sure that mischief, brought about by the Eternal Mischief Maker himself; is just lurking within and beneath the shadows! I am so scared right now! Please Doc, have mercy on thy humble servant, don’t cast me off, out and neither throw me to the dogs, I pray thee! Seriously?! Oh Wow! *smh*

*throwingheadbackandlaughingheartily*

Chai!! And I think is only me o! See me here dreaming abt Idris Elba, and d guy nor even knw say I dey exist! Chai, e dey pain me for bori too much…*feelin pain..Lol!!!!! But aunt Yemie, I have Clooney’s no, wld u like to let him knw hw u feel???? *fleeing

Jules run o, as fast as your beautiful legs can carry you! I really want to accept your goodwill, I do but however will you land Clooney for me when you’re still yet to clinch Elba?! Tell you what sweets, lets have this convo when Elba’s safely tucked away in your kitty! Then and only then will I accept thy help! *rme* LOL

Laughing so Loud!! Oh Sis, me thinks once me get u hooked up with Clooney, u can then help get Idris naa…abi wht dya think?! *smirking…

Askor o, I hia you ni o, I no do! No deal! Get Elba and then we can do some serious business together! Till then, no dice, baabu! Chikena! LMAO!

2. DrSwag says:

you peeps wont kill someborry…

you are immortal….death fears you!

1. DrSwag says:

Hahaha..right on the money!!

Topazo…Topazo…Topazo!!!!!!!! What the #Heart wants is what it gets…hmmm…I wish I could say that for myself. I didn’t want to read this tonight coz I’m kind of having the fever, but then, I can’t just close my mind on reading from u! I just must come and read and comment, don’t mind me jare..#ADDICTED to ur blog no ni…but Topaz, make I ask one question, *coughs into palm. Are u sure u weren’t born with a #Pen&Paper in ur hands? *just asking…coz ur quips are just outa dis World! And me can’t seem to get enough of ya Write-ups…*sighs…

*smiling*
      Jules! kai! na wa!
      you sha want my head to burst….
      I’m sorry about your fever…hope you feel better by tomorrow morning…and hope you have used medications? get well soon…

B4 nko, if I no make u head swell reach bursting point, who go fit do an again? But no let an burst u hear, I need dat head to remain #gravitationally stuck on thy neck biko. E still get plenty things wey in wan yarn us!

#Jelux ke? Rara o, imperial leather go taste better topaz, besides I knw u r just forming for us. Since u knw Me n Sis Yemie have sworn out love to U!

4. DrSwag says:

Topaz…My ears have heard this one….the artistry and the pain of it all…lovely….

5. me says:

Another awesome one which reminds me of Selena Gomez’s new song ‘the heart wants what it wants’, and it’s just the pure truth. It’s why I would say, like I once said, ‘we’d murder love if we could, for leading us to paths we’ll rather not tow’. It’s sad that the heart sometimes reaches for what’s beyond what it can afford, putting us at raging war with what we know is right and should be done; and even more sad, is the fact that only a few survive this tempest!

Love is complicated. But then, love is love.

Welldone brother! Let the ear not hear it!

thanks!
      I love your conclusion, love is love….nothing we can do to it…

1. DrSwag says:

Love is love..i think i have fallen in love with me….love her flow…difficult to survive her tempest of words…

hmmm..and here I was thinking Yemie was your eternal love…

1. DrSwag says:

Lolzzzzz. .I smell mischief in the air..

you do? the air looks clear to me….lol

1. DrSwag says:

..with you the air is never clear..it is usually foggy with mischief…

haba…that’s so not true! I see Yemie has poisoned your mind…

1. DrSwag says:

Lolzzzzz. …I have made my own inferences my broda. ..

coloured by external influences nonetheless…..if I catch Yemie ehn…