Abortus

They die ‘ere they are born

Their spirits hover never leaving

Giggling, niggling and roving

And mocking.

They are everywhere and nowhere,

They fly before they can be picked;

The ever elusive butterfly,

Taunting with its beauty,

Flitting away to the dismay

Of the observer.

They litter everywhere,

Still births, half formed and formless;

Sad reminders of what could have been

Their beauty evident even in their deformed state.

The mind weeps,

Its womb cannot carry ideas to term;

They die and wither

And all that is left is a barren wasteland,

With unmarked graves of

Masterpieces aborted.

image source: Flickr

*applauding* Hmm…..Doc, you REALLY are a mastercraft! This is like being in the ‘Lalaland of Doom’! The sadness is so thick and poignant! ‘The Gloom Aficionado’! A befitting new title, totally fits you to a ‘T’ that its plenty worrisome too! ‘COO’-r-e-e-p-i-e!!! Notice the ‘coo-coo’! Get it now?! I’ll bet! *laughing*

There’s something ’bout this piece that’s extremely scary, especially that final verse! Got my heart pounding cos I can so relate with it in an uncanny kinda way! Besides, the illustration of a foetus and the imageries employed to drive home your point’s just magnificent! Ghouly nonetheless! *shivering* LMAO

Hopelessness has never been so ‘beautifully’ described! Am I deterred though?! Nah! And should you be?! Never! What better time to be filled than when emptiness is looming and seizing the day ei?! I love this piece and NO, am NOT gloomy! You’re simply unbelievable! Kudos! *smh* LOL

Yemie, stop giving me names jor….i am not Gloomie or Afi- whatever you called me….

Oh but you are Gloomie! Stop with the overwhelmingly sad pieces and I’ll conform to statuesque! Deal?! *smiley face*

pieces that you regard as beautiful?

Touche! And that was how the cookie crumbled! Oops! *laughing*.

Responding to your question, I say they’re beautiful cause they really are! Beautifully, magnificently glum! See what I mean?! Gloom is part of the total package! *giggling*

the Gloomie admirer…lol

Hehehehe! Gloomie tends to be kinda contagious, addictive; but I’ll do ALL within my powers to fight off the temptation to cross over to the dark side! So help me gawd! LMAO!

lol…for your sake i hope you don’t…

Ohhh, am soooo beyond scared straight right now that am practically shaking in ma bootz, hmph! *shivering*. For my sake ei?! What are you?! The King King Mountain?! What’s that even supposed to mean?! *raised eyebrow*

Aw! ‘Schweet’! Thanks for the comforting words Doc, am pacified now! Rock on Sir! *laughing*

2. Walter says:

The issue of abortion…really such a touching one in more ways than one.

hmmm…so you thought this was about abortion….interesting..

3. Nurain says:

That’s why I try to keep a pen a notepad handy, or at least my smartphone. You never know which hovering phrase your mind glimpses on the street becomes your chef d’oeuvre.

exactly..but sometimes, those phrase never blossom past that…or they just hover beneath the surface of your conscious mind and try as you may, you can’t call them up…and you feel like you are missing a great idea..

1. Nurain says:

I console myself with a quote I read when I was much younger, ‘you can’t have everything, where will you put it?’