Till Death

She stood on the pavement and waited.

A lone crowd.

The accused was brought in and placed on the chair.

Tear trickled down her eyes.

She gasped softly as the switch was pressed and the twitches started. He looked up and caught her eyes then and for a brief moment, a soft look passed on his face.

And then it was gone.

He stopped jerking.

She broke down into a sob.

She had stayed true to her word- to stay by him even till death.

till death

DP Challenge

Sizzling! Simplistic! Sensational! And sad of course. I however love that it tells of undying loyalty and unconditional love. Inspite of being condemned, she stood fast, unshaken and unfaltering, till death. A trait very worth emulating.

Doc, you seem to be building a niche for yourself in flash fictions these days and you’re doing a terrific job of it. Love the easy flow of the story, seems so effortlessly done. Plus, I can tell you had a ball doing this. Way to go, bwoi, rooting for you all the way! Lolz

Yes, such allegiance and unflinching love is rare…

The feeling that I experienced writing this was that of a deep sadness….imagine watching the object of your affection taken away from you….

Now imagine if such isn’t taken away from you but walks away from you…imagine such loss.

P.S it’s all just an imagination, it’s not personal! I know you….

Hmph! You know me ei?! And what the heck’s that supposed to mean Dr Gloom? If you ask me, I’d say a woman who leaves you high and dry and hits the highway before you get the chance to marry her and raise kids with her, did you a world of good than one who stays on and dashes off after marriage and kids.

PS: Its all just an imagination, I’m not referring to you passé; I know you to well……….LMAO!

doesn’t make the pain any less different if you ask me…but then what do I know right?

*Shrugs*. Different strokes for different strokes right? Its all good, nothing spoil!

*folks* A-w-k-w-a-r-d! *Yawns*Lolz

You really wanna go there Doc, I mean, REALLY?! *Yimu*

3. Nice work. Really enjoyed this one. -christy

Hi Christy, thanks for your comment. I am glad you enjoyed it

4. buqie says:

Kai, i can’t even imagine this in reality, but then life happens, yes?
    SAD.

it is better imagined than experienced o
      It is sad but then through it all, love shines brightly…

5. Nur'ayn says:

That, sir, is one of the best, complete ‘flash’ fiction I had read in a long, long time.

I throway salute o!

6. litadoolan says:

Such depth to your work. The sincerity in your writing is effortless.

awwww…such heart warming words, thanks a bunch